American Marketing & Publishing, LLC is one of the fastest growing print and digital advertising companies in the U.S. We are looking for a talented individual to successfully perform a variety of responsibilities relative to Accounting. Are you a team player with interest in taking ownership of your job responsibilities and future? This is an opportunity to work with an established company and for a great team! This individual must demonstrate high levels of accuracy, be able to multi-task and capable of functioning in a fast-paced, always evolving work environment.
Since being founded in 1997, we have helped small, family-owned businesses get connected to their customers and vital prospects at the most important time of influence. Our business is growing exponentially. American Marketing & Publishing is focused almost exclusively on meeting the advertising and marketing needs of independent, family owned businesses in close-knit small and suburban towns. We help thousands of businesses manage their print advertising in our HomePages Community Directories, CloseBy Text Marketing, and online listings, content, and reviews with OPTIMA; Online Visibility and Reputation Management Services. We partner with businesses to help them win more customers on the major search engines such as Google, Bing, Yelp, YP, and Apple Maps . In 2015, we were named a Google Certified Agency and work with representing businesses with Google Street View technology.
Example of Duties:
- Payment Processing Duties:
- Scan check deposits daily into the appropriate accounting system following the established batch balancing process.
- Process credit card batches daily.
- Follow declined credit cards process and create task for the Customer Experience team to work.
- Communicate pub dates for publishing directories to ensure timely processing of invoices.
- Reconcile invoice batch totals to Sugar CRM data to ensure completeness of invoicing batch.
- Process, print and prepare customer invoices/statements in accordance with established daily procedure.
- Prepare and mail/email manual invoices to customers and/or sales reps, as needed.
- Research any bankruptcy notices in accordance with established procedures.
- Be the first point of contact for both our sales team and internal team members when questions arise about a customer’s account balance or payment plan rules.
- Scan internal Accounting documentation and requested payment plans (green sheets) at least once a week.
- Evaluate contracts in the hold file that are past due, in collections, on a payment plan, etc and determine if they can be processed.
- Payment plan processing, which includes data entry and quality review of submitted Payment Plans to ensure customer balances are accurately depicted and the overall plan adheres to established policies.
- Initiate payment processing for customers who have elected to be charged/debited upon publication.
- Review contracts that were sold daily to ensure compliance with company credit policy.
- Process monthly text marketing overage billing.
- Take bank deposits to bank, as needed.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree in Accounting (or related field) preferred, but not required.
- High School diploma, or equivalent, is required
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel is required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing priorities.
- Capable of functioning in a fast-paced, always evolving work environment.
- Display strong initiative to improve processes resulting in increased level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to sit for a prolonged period of time performing computer related work and processing paperwork.
Full Time: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00
- Excellent Health Benefits (Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO), Prescription Drug, Vision (VSP), Dental (Delta Dental), Disability & Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with discretionary company match
- Paid Time Off including 15 personal/vacation days and 9 additional paid holidays