American Marketing & Publishing, LLC is one of the fastest growing print and digital advertising companies in the U.S. We are looking for a talented individual to successfully perform a variety of responsibilities relative to Accounting and Customer Experience. Are you a team player with interest in taking ownership of your job responsibilities and future? This is an opportunity to work with an established company and for a great team! This individual will assist in a cross functional role performing a wide swath of responsibilities across both the Accounting and Customer Experience department.
Since being founded in 1997, we have helped small, family-owned businesses get connected to their customers and vital prospects at the most important time of influence. Our business is growing exponentially. American Marketing & Publishing is focused almost exclusively on meeting the advertising and marketing needs of independent, family owned businesses in close-knit small and suburban towns. We help thousands of businesses manage their print advertising in our HomePages Community Directories, CloseBy Text Marketing, and online listings, content, and reviews with OPTIMA; Online Visibility and Reputation Management Services. We partner with businesses to help them win more customers on the major search engines such as Google, Bing, Yelp, YP, and Apple Maps . In 2015, we were named a Google Certified Agency and work with representing businesses with Google Street View technology.
Example of Duties:
Overall Accounting Responsibilities:
- Provide back-up assistance with the payment plan processing, which includes data entry and quality review of submitted Payment Plans to ensure customer balances are accurately depicted and the overall plan adheres to established policies.
- Provide back-up assistance with HOLD file processing if an account is on HOLD for a credit issue.
- Function as overall back-up for the processing and balancing of A/R related payments, invoicing/statement processing and month end close reporting.
- Process customer Refunds in accordance with company guidelines.
- Update customer Wallets, including managing expiration dates, as needed.
Overall Customer Experience (CX) Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate positive, quality interaction with customers, sales representatives and your team.
- Answer overflow calls and assist in responding to customer e-mails and correspondence in the department during peak periods.
- Perform the usual duties of the Customer Experience Representative and cover their position in the event of an absence.
- Review documentation and submit customer cancellation requests and adjustment requests to manager post customer interaction; communicate with the Sales Representatives and District Managers when appropriate.
- Manage customer-facing responsibilities within an outcome-based reporting structure, meeting and exceeding benchmark performance expectations.
- Deploy effective and appropriate customer resolutions (i.e. adjustment, free ads, refunds) while understanding the effect on the bottom-line while effectively resolving complaints in a professional, positive manner.
- Effectively win-back cancel requests, and cross sell and upsell customer accounts to maximize customer account value.
- Resolve contractual HOLD file issues collaboratively with sales team to ensure customer contracts are processed and fulfilled in a timely fashion.
- Continuously offer suggestions for improving specific departmental procedures and scripts (i.e. for answering customer calls, offering resolutions, following up on complaints and sending customer contact letters.)
- Participate in bi-weekly and/or monthly team/department meetings and bi-weekly one-on-one meetings with manager.
Overall Contract Entry (Admin) Responsibilities:
- Provide back-up support to Accounting Coordinator on the processing of print directory Close Date changes across multiple systems and reports.
- Assist with contract entry and verification workflow
- Identify and report concerns, if any, regarding sales representative behavior or performance
- Assist Manager with ad hoc reporting and/or data analysis, as requested
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree in Accounting (or related field) preferred, but not required.
- High School diploma, or equivalent, is required
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel is required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing priorities.
- Capable of functioning in a fast-paced, always evolving work environment.
- Display strong initiative to improve processes resulting in increased level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to sit for a prolonged period of time performing computer related work and processing paperwork.
Full Time: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00
- Excellent Health Benefits (Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO), Prescription Drug, Vision (VSP), Dental (Delta Dental), Disability & Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with discretionary company match
- Paid Time Off including 15 personal/vacation days and 9 additional paid holidays